All applications are online. Applicants should refer to the guidelines below before making the application.
How to Apply for YTL Foundation Scholarships
Please prepare the following documents that will be required to be uploaded in the application form.
1. A personal statement (essay) on 'Why I deserve a YTL Foundation Scholarship' (800-1000 words)
2. IC of applicant
3. IC of surety (working parent/guardian)
4. Copies of certificates (academic - all exams taken and extracurricular activities)
5. Offer letter from university
6. Fee letter
7. Income Tax return for working parent. If retired, please submit last return
8. Passport-size photo (to upload on first page of application form)
9. 2 Written referrals from teachers, lecturers or past employer/ supervisor
Once these documents are prepared, please click HERE to apply for the scholarship.
1. What does the application form consist of?
The application form consists of 2 parts. When you click on the link above, you will be required to fill in Part 1 of the form with your personal details. Part 2 will be sent to you via the email address you provided in Part 1.
2. Can I close the form half-way through applying and continue the next day?
No. Once you close the form, it will automatically get submitted. Further, you must complete the form within 30 minutes of clicking on the link, or the form will be automatically submitted. It is important to ensure you have all the required documents before clicking on the link.
3. What happens when the form gets submitted automatically?
If the form gets submitted automatically, it will be classified as incomplete. You will have to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete the incomplete form before you are able to apply again.
4. How long will it take to know if I am shortlisted?
You will receive an email from YTL Foundation 2-3 weeks after the closing date (31 March).
5. What happens after I get shortlisted?
You will be required to undergo an assessment. If you are successful, you will be interviewed by the Directors and if you are chosen, you will be notified via email. If you are not successful at any stage, you will be notified via email.
6. When is the closing date for applications?
The closing date will be on 31 March every year. Any application that comes in after 31 March will be processed the following year.