Acumen: Careers & Internships
An ideal candidate would have 3-5 years work experience, is excited about moral leadership in service of social impact, and has strong ability to connect with communities here.
Applicants can email CV to email@example.com by 6th October.
Programme Associate, Acumen Fellows Programme Malaysia
YTL Foundation is looking for an exceptional individual to join the Acumen Academy Malaysia team. We run Acumen’s leadership development programme -- the Acumen Fellows Programme -- in Malaysia. The team is looking for a driven young professional to support the growth of the Acumen Fellows Programme in Malaysia.
Acumen Academy Malaysia
YTL Foundation & Acumen are building a pipeline of leaders who understand what it takes to create change in our complex, interconnected world. These are leaders who challenge the status quo and inspire their communities to believe in and work for a brighter future. The Fellows Programme is a one-year leadership development opportunity designed to connect and cultivate a pipeline of social changemakers who are committed to tackling poverty and injustice in their communities across multiple lines of differences.
Acumen currently has Fellows Programmes across India, East Africa, West Africa & Colombia and a global Fellows community of 445. Acumen is expanding it’s Fellows Programmes to 15 geographies by 2021, starting with new programmes in Malaysia & Bangladesh in 2020.
The Programme Associate will be responsible for supporting the lead in the operation of the Acumen Fellows Programme in Malaysia.
This is an entrepreneurial position that involves a broad set of activities, including:
● Support the recruitment and selection process for all Malaysia Fellows
● Support the 20 Fellows through the programme
● Oversee programme operations
● Bringing existent resources from +Acumen to local community
● Build out a strong, networked community of Malaysia Fellows, connected to the broader community
● Fundraise and Build Community
● Support execution of communications strategy
The Programme Associate will report to Chan Oga, Programme Lead of Acumen Academy Malaysia
Ideal candidates will bring a deep commitment to Acumen’s mission of solving the toughest problems of poverty, and a passion for leadership development.
Your background looks something like this:
● 3-5 years’ work experience in a related field (preferably in education, training, fellowships and/or leadership development, entrepreneurship)
● Prior work experience in a fast-paced environment, ability to work efficiently against tight deadlines
● Familiarity and exposure to the field of social enterprise and poverty alleviation preferred
● Entrepreneurial experience is preferred, but not required
● Strong verbal & written communications skills, and confident representing the Malaysia Fellows Programme nation-wide.
Additional qualifications include:
● Alignment with Acumen’s core values:
▪ leadership/listening, generosity/accountability, audacity/humility, grounded in a foundation of integrity and respect.
● Ability to problem-solve
▪ Resourceful, with a growth mindset and problem solving approach to challenges
● Commitment to learn and out-perform self
▪ Hungry to learn and hone skills in community building as well as open to mindset shifts
▪ Humble, listens effectively, able to reflect deeply and adapt future actions to yield improved outcomes.
● Working with others
▪ Great interpersonal skills, strong emotional intelligence, and ability to communicate effectively online & offline
▪ Ability to take and give constructive feedback effectively, and willingness to have difficult, courageous conversations in service of helping self and others grow
● Basic requirements:
▪ Good work ethics and discipline: Proactive and habitual in leading self before others.
▪ Has a personal laptop and smartphone
Interested applicants may apply by submitting CV and statement of interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org